October 6, 2022
Who are we?
Beppo is a mobile application that features a smart cash book for business and personal money, automated budgets, a simplified tax projection tool with computation and filing, and a curated community for freelancers.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website or app?
When you register on our site, using, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your or other details to help you with your experience. Beppo may collect and process the following personal data:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Trade Name
- Line of Business
- Tax Identification Number
- Information about the use of our website and application, such as the browser type, the operating system you use, or the web page you visited when you access the website.
In addition, we may also automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our website, which may include IP address, web browser, and browsing information collected through cookies, pixels, and other similar technologies on our Site. We cannot identify you based on these data, but they allow us to continually improve our website and provide an optimal experience to the visitors of our website.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you by the following means:
- Website visit to beppo.com
- When a user creates an account
- When you use our service
- Subscribe to newsletter
- Identity checks
- Open a Support Ticket
- Any other communication with Beppo
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To verify your identity.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To carry our marketing or training related to the Service.
- To send you quotes, receipts, and invoices.
- To collect statistical elements.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries)
As Beppo is subject to various legal, compliance, and reporting obligations, we are required by law to store some of your personal and transactional data beyond the closure of your business or individual account with us. Your data is only accessed internally on a need-to-know basis, and it will only be accessed or processed if absolutely necessary. We will delete data that is no longer required by any relevant law or jurisdiction in which we operate. You may also request for deletion or correction of data when the data is either incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes, or no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
We use appropriate organization, physical, and technical measures to protect the personal information we process from an accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, misuse, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Upon expiration of the retention period, all physical and electronic copies of the Personal Data shall be destroyed and disposed of using secure technology.
Except as described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose Personal Information about you with our affiliates that are subject to this policy.
- Any Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to include on or through the Service, including information in a publicly accessible area of the Service (such as a public profile page) or information you share with or allow to be shared with other users, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of the other Users who will view and use the posted information.
- We work with third-party service providers to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your Personal Information as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may share your Personal Information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing, advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing.
- We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of beppo, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience which makes your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
You may opt-out of our email newsletters by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the newsletter. You may also opt-out of all communications from beppo by contacting us using the contact information below or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to them using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add-on.
Do Not Track Settings
Your device operating system or browser may include settings, options, or add-on components to control the placement and presence of cookies and access to location information. We do not track our users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and do not specifically respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. However, some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities, including across other websites on the Internet, which enables these websites to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such websites, your browser may allow you to set a DNT signal on your browser so that third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Your privacy rights
As a data subject under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about which personal data we gather and what we are using it for.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you upon written request.
- The right to request to update or correct any incomplete, inaccurate, or out-of-date personal information that we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal information anonymized or deleted.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
- The right to data portability to quickly transfer your personal information to another data controller.
- The right to claim compensation if you suffered damages due to inaccurate, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your personal information.
- The right to file a complaint to our Data Protection Officer and/or with the National Privacy Commission through www.privacy.gov.ph.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us.
We may make some changes to this Policy at any time. Any changes to this Policy are effective upon posting to our website. We will make every effort to inform you of any significant changes to this Policy via email or notification via the Service. Your continued use of the Service will be treated as acceptance of any changes in this Policy.
Contact our Data Protection Officer
145 Yakal St.,
Makati City, NCR 1203
Our Privacy Officer will try to provide an initial response to your questions or complaint within 10 business days and investigate and attempt to resolve your complaint within 30 days. If a longer period is necessary, we will notify you.